AUTO SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFICATION
The Ministry of International Trade and Industry introduced the National Automotive Policy (NAP) with the main objective to transform the domestic automotive industry and integrate it into the increasingly competitive regional and global industry network. Six Automotive Roadmaps have been identified under the NAP
Two of the roadmaps are related to 4R2S activities:
a) Authorized Treatment Facilities Roadmap (ATFR) – Serves as a guideline to transform automotive aftermarket businesses, on par with best global practices and standards.
b) Malaysia Automotive Remanufacturing Roadmap (MARR) – Details the criteria for remanufacturing standards and best practices to be adopted by automotive players, with the aim of making Malaysia the centre of automotive remanufacturing in the ASEAN region.
In order to facilitate the implementation of the ATFR and MARR, two standards were developed that cover 4R (repair, reuse, recycle and remanufacture) and 2S (service and spare parts). The standards are:
a) MS 2697:2018, Motor vehicle aftermarket – Repair, reuse, recycle and remanufacture (4R) of parts and components
This Malaysian Standard provides requirements for 4R activities of motor vehicles parts and components. It also covers aspects relating to knowledge, process and method, materials, equipment, safety and environment.
b) MS 2696:2018, Motor vehicle aftermarket – Service and spare (2R)
This Malaysian Standard provides industry best practices for aftermarket service providers activities including the responsibility with regards to the requirements of 4M (man, method, machine and material).
4R and 2S standards were formulated to guide the automotive industry towards enhancing infrastructure to achieve optimum standard for product and process quality, consumer safety and protection, environment safeguarding and business sustainment. The creation of the 4R and 2S will provide greater flexibility and adaptability for the automotive industry stakeholders to implement, manage and enhance economic sustainment, as well as providing a potentially higher compliance with lower administrative costs.
Contact us if you wish to transfer your certification from another accredited certification body to SIRIM QAS International.
- It provides great flexibility to ensure safe and proper repairs through best industry practices.
- It creates value for customers, stakeholders and consumers.
- It gives sales and marketing and advantages as the competitive ability of services increases.
- We are accredited by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) and the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Our collaboration with the International Certification Network, IQNet and networking with foreign Certification Bodies and associated international certification organizations leads to worldwide market access.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
- We offer the option of combined certification audits of two or more management systems (Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety) to minimize disruption to your organization.
- Submission of Questionnaire and Appendix
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Application
- Stage 1 Audit
- Stage 2 Audit
- Recommendation & Approval
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audit/Recertification