MS 1480 HACCP
MS 1480 HACCP
About MS 1480 Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a scientific, rational and systematic approach to the identification, assessment and control of hazards to ensure that food is safe for human consumption.
It applies to all food businesses involved in preparing, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storing, transporting, distributing, handling, supplying or offering for sale food in any sector along the food chain. Implementation of a HACCP system by food businesses will go a long way towards ensuring that food products are safe for human consumption.
Under the HACCP certification scheme, food businesses are required to set up and implement a HACCP system in accordance with the MS 1480 “Food Safety According to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) System”. This standard is based on the widely accepted international standards and guidelines published by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. In implementing the HACCP systems, it is required that prerequisites programmes be established. It is recommended that MS 1514 “General Principles of Food Hygiene” be used as a guiding document.
What are the benefits of MS 1480 HACCP ?
- Controlling and reducing significant food hazards to assure the safety of the food supply.
- Facilitates and expedites the issuance of a Health Certificate.
- Cost reduction in exporting products, since the organisation with MOH HACCP certification will not be required by MOH to send their products for testing prior to export.
- Increasing market entry by regulators and major buyers worldwide.
- Independent assessment of the organisation’s food safety system based on internationally.
- Competitive advantage over non-certified organisations.
Why SIRIM QAS International ?
- SIRIM QAS is an internationally recognized conformity assessment body with decades of experience in providing testing, inspection and certification services to both local and international customers. We offer the most credible and cost-effective third-party certification of HACCP systems.
- Accredited by the leading accreditation body the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA).
- Offers a combined HACCP/ISO 9001 certification scheme. The combined schemes will allow for the optimal utilization of resources and expertise, including the use of common auditors.
How to apply MS 1480 HACCP ?
- Submission of Request for Information (RFI)
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Application
- Stage 1 Audit
- Stage 2 Audit
- Recommendation & Approval
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance and Recertification Audit