PRODUCT CARBON FOOTPRINT
Climate change has been identified as one of the greatest challenges facing nations, governments, businesses and citizens over the coming decades. Climate change has implications to both humans and the environment and could lead to significant changes in the use of resources, methods of production and economic activities.
SIRIM QAS International can independently verify the accuracy of the carbon footprint of an organization’s product. The organization will be able to identify the level of emissions resulting from each of the processes during the entire lifecycle of the product.
CFV is fundamental to provide credibility, reassuring internal and external stakeholders that the carbon footprint of an organization’s product is accurate and complete.
- Enhance the environmental integrity of GHG quantification.
- Facilitate the ability to track performance and progress in the reduction of GHG emissions and/or increase in GHG removals.
- Enhance an organization’s image and demonstrate its leadership in a sector.
- Reduction in costs.
- Respond to public demand.
- Submission of Questionaire
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Carbon Footprint Report and spreadsheet
- Document Review
- On-site Audit
- Issuance of Audit Findings
- Resolutions of Audit Findings
- Final Verification/Certification Report
- Approval by Certificate which is valid for two years.