About NGV Workshop Scheme
To operate a natural gas vehicle (NGV) workshop, it is necessary for you to obtain certification of your workshop under this scheme. SIRIM QAS International can assess your NGV workshop against the requirements of MS 1096:2011 Road Vehicles â€“ The Use of Compressed Natural Gas Fuel for Vehicle Engines Code of Practice (Second revision).
What are the benefits of NGV Workshop Scheme?
- Give confident to the vehicle owner that the NGV system conversion/installation to their vehicle has been done according to the Malaysian Standard.
- Effective marketing tools, especially to the large enterprises or fleet operators who use vehicles with NGV system.
- Promoting safer practices to the NGV workshop operators and users of the NGV vehicles for the benefit of the society.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- We are accredited by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) for the Product Certification Scheme against the ISO/IEC Guide 17065.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
How to apply NGV Workshop Scheme?
NGV Workshop Certification
- Evaluation of Document
- Workshop Audit and Sampling
- Recommendation and Approval
- Issuance of License
NGV Components Certification
- Evaluation of Type Test reports & verify samples
- Confirmatory testing/inspection
- Grant Type Approval