About Mobile Consignment
This new mobile consignment testing service has been developed with your convenience in mind. At SIRIM QAS, we are constantly creating new services and solutions to better serve our customers’ needs. The conventional testing process requires customers to send their test samples to our main testing laboratory in Shah Alam, which takes time and effort to coordinate. With MCTS, we will bring our testing equipment to your premises instead, so the inspection and testing can be done concurrently. This ensure that testing is done at the next available date so you can get your products certified quickly and efficiently.
Do You Qualify for the Service?
Preliminary requirements include the following:
- The applicant of the Batch Certification (Consignment) for electrical products.
- The applicant’s warehouse or testing premises must be based in Klang Valley and surrounding areas.
- The applicant’s warehouse or testing premises must provide easy access for trolley to be brought from the mobile test van to the testing area.
- The testing area should have a controlled or air-conditioned ambient temperature.
- The testing area should have at least two power sockets (240V 50Hz, 13A)
What are the benefits of Mobile Cosignment Testing Service?
- Get your products certified quickly and efficiently. By conducting the testing at your premises, we’re saving you time and resources in transporting large electrical products such as refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, etc, which can be quite time consuming and tedious, especially for high-value products.
- Avoid the risk of your samples damaged in the transportation and handling process to and fro for testing, which can be quite costly for large and high-value electrical products.
- Accelerates the joint testing process by arranging a convenient date and time to suit your technical specialist so they can be there to oversee the testing.
- Receive your labels on the same day* after testing completed at your premises if all test results in compliance with the consignment test requirements.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- SIRIM QAS is an internationally recognised conformity assessment body with decades of experience in providing testing, inspection and certification services to both local and international customers.
- We gained accreditation and recognition as International Test House from the Department of Standard Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the National Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAMM) based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025. Our test report carries both SAMM and ILAC MRA logo. Our acceptance as the CB Testing Laboratory under the IECEE CB Scheme, enables us to issue CB Test Reports and CB Test Certificates which are accepted and recognised by participating National Certification Bodies (NCB) and CB Testing Laboratories (CBTL) in more than 50 countries worldwide.
How to apply Mobile Consignment Testing Service?
- Application through e-CEE.sirim.my
- Issuance Quotation
- Documents Review
- Inspection, Sampling & Testing at Applicant’s Premise
- Approval & Issuance Label