About Energy Efficiency
Your electrical appliance manufacturing business can promote the energy efficient properties of its products by taking advantage of the Electrical Appliances Energy Efficiency and Labeling Programme promoted by the Energy Commission (ST). SIRIM QAS International is a recognized testing facility for this programme, which is carried out by our Electrical and Electronics Testing Section.
Range of Services ?
- Ballast for Flourescent Lamps
- Air Conditioners
- Domestics Electric Fans
- Temperature Humidity Chamber
- Balanced Ambient Room Type Calorimeter
- Integrating Sphere
- Air Delivery Test System
- Data Acquisition
- IEC Dynamic Broadcast Radio Signal
- Digital Power Analyzer
What are the benefits of Energy Efficiency ?
- Provides an independent verification of product compliance to Energy Efficiency standards and regulations;
- Provides an independent assurance that tests are done in accordance with stated specifications and test methods;
- Enhances customers’ acceptance and confidence on the quality, reliability and safety of the products.
- Minimises the risk for manufacturers or suppliers in producing or supplying a faulty product not complying with Energy Efficiency standards or requirements.
Why SIRIM QAS International ?
- The Energy Commission (ST) has appointed SIRIM QAS International as a testing house in providing testing services for electrical products or appliances under its STAR Labelling program.
- Our laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the National Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAMM) and are manned by competent and experienced personnel to produce reliable test results.
How to apply Energy Efficiency ?
- Enquiry by Customer
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Test Sample
- Product Testing
- Issuance of Test Report