THE NATIONAL MARK OF MALAYSIAN BRAND
The National Mark of Malaysian Brand is a scheme offered to Malaysian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in an effort to promote and enhance the visibility of their brand through association with the National Mark logo which is a mark of recognition of the quality, excellence and distinction of their products and services. This scheme is owned by SME Corp Malaysia with SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. as their certification partner. Organizations, whether SMEs or non-SMEs, will be able to develop and build their brands to local and international markets via this scheme and at the same time derive tangible commercial benefits. The National Mark logo is used in association with the organization’s brand for promotional activities such in product labels, brochures/product leaflets, advertising medium etc.
Organizations applying for certification to this scheme need to fulfil the following prerequisites:
- A minimum 3-STAR rating under the SME Corp. Malaysia SCORE programme.
- Certified to any of the following Standards:
– ISO 9001 Quality Management System
– ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System
– HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
– ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management System for the Automotive Industry
– ISO 13485 Quality Management System for Medical Device
– Or any other equivalent acceptable Management System
- Own a Registered Brand of Malaysian origin.
- Business incorporated/registered in Malaysia
- Operating from legal premises
- Obtain incentives from the SME Corp. Malaysia for qualifying SMEs only.
- Gain access to ongoing local and international trade promotion activities as well as advertising and promotion activities by the MATRADE.
- Enjoy special access passes to MICCI-SME Corp. Malaysia mentoring programmes.
- Obtain invitations to specific training opportunities organized by the SME Corp. Malaysia and its partners.
- Receive privileged media coverage.
- Submit Questionnaire
- Submit Application
- Stage 1 Audit
- Stage 2 Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Renewal Assessment