In accordance with Regulation 98 from Guideline for Approval of Electrical Equipment issued by Suruhanjaya Tenaga (GP/ST/No.14/2017), the Product Certificate License owner for products regulated by ST shall be issued only for manufacturers and/or importers with valid CoA and CoR. Therefore, for all Regulated Products by ST, the CoA holder, and the PC Licensee are required to be identical.
All SIRIM PCL Foreign Licensees (for ST Regulated Products) shall ensure their license to be hold by local company in Malaysia. SIRIM-ST label will not be issued to company without valid ST CoR and CoA. Only registered agent or consultant registered by CoA holder can conduct the process on behalf of them.
Transfer of Ownership of the licenses from Foreign Licensee to ST CoA Holder (Local agent) are recommended with following conditions:
- Transfer of ownership shall be agreed by both parties i.e., Foreign Licensee and ST CoA Holder (Local Agent).
- ST CoA Holder shall have proof of legal entity such as SSM Certificate and/or License from Local Authority to ensure the validity of physical premises.
- Number of New PC License for transfer of ownership is based on current CoA Holder(s) in the same license.
- New license Fee is RM3000.00 (including Renewal Fee) per license and shall be paid during submission of change of ownership application.
- This will take effect immediately.
For further enquiries, kindly contact your existing Project Officers or Ms Nordiana at 03-55445941 or email at email@example.com