As of 2019, the medical industry is worth at least USD3.5 trillion and continues to grow to meet increasing demands. Malaysia, for example, is the world’s largest producer of medical gloves.
Primarily, the industry deals with:
- Prevention and treatment of diseases;
- Patient care;
- Healthcare technology.
In fact, there are tremendous shifts in the way of working with increasing research and technology. Industry players such as manufacturers, distributors, importers and Authorised Representative (AR) can undoubtedly benefit from SIRIM QAS International’s various schemes. Companies applying for the license to manufacture medical devices should consider the ISO 13485 QMS Certification for Medical Devices. The certification assures that your company has implemented a quality management system, ensuring the development of safe and reliable medical devices.
SIRIM QAS International has services that help organisations improve efficiency and meet strict standards for utmost safety and reliability:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety
- OHSAS 18001 & MS 1722
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices
- IATF 16949 Automotive
- MS 1900 Quality Management – Shariah Based
- ISO 28000 Supply Chain Security
- ISO 55001 Asset Management
- ISO 14067 Carbon Footprint
- ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery
- ISO 22716:2007 GMP Cosmetics
- ISO 41001 Facility Management
- Malaysian Brand