Ensure quality of your IBS Construction Product and get recognised by CIDB Malaysia.
About IBS-IMPACT Certification
The IMPACT scheme is a comprehensive system that encompasses testing, inspection and certification of Industrialised Building System (IBS) products based on requirements of the Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB). These requirements serve to raise awareness among industry players to ensure the quality of IBS products and components in a methodical manner. The system ensures high-quality and affordable products while maintaining a systematic, cost-efficient and orderly construction site.
SIRIM QAS provides high-end equipped facilities and professional business solutions to meet the growing demands of the industry by offering a full range of expert evaluation and testing on products and materials to manufacturers, developers and contractors.
Scope of Services
- Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units
- Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Masonry Units
- Precast Concrete Slab
- Precast Concrete Wall
- Precast Concrete Beam/Column
- Reinforced Concrete Flooring System
- Innovative Wall Panel System
- Compression & Flexural Machine – For Bricks/Blocks
- Drying Shrinkage Apparatus
- Drying Oven – Use for Water Absorption for Core Sample for Precast Products
- Hot Guarded Plate Apparatus – Thermal Conductivity, Resistance and Transmittance
- On-Site Testing Facilities at Factory
- Pull Off Tester – Adhesion Test for Laminate, Coating etc.
- Reverberation Chamber – Acoustic Test
- Structural Frame – Flexural/Bending Test for Large Sample
- Temperature & Humidity Chamber – To Store Sample which Requires Certain Conditions
- Universal Testing Machines – Compression Test, Tensile Test, Flexural Test
- Water Bath
Benefits of IBS-IMPACT Certification
- Shorter construction time and cost-saving.
- Better quality of end-products and optimum material usage.
- Increased site safety and tidiness.
- Lower weather impact on construction progress.
- SIRIM QAS’ license and reports assure of products conformity to National and International Standards.
- Enhance acceptance by consumers and partners.
- Reduce rejections during production which reduces costs and increases profit margin.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- Internationally recognised conformity assessment body providing testing, inspection and certification services to both local and international customers.
- We gained accreditation from the leading accreditation body – the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) for Product Certification Scheme against the ISO/IEC 17065 and Inspection Services MS ISO/IEC 17020 under the Malaysia Inspection Bodies Accreditation Scheme (MIBAS).
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
- Document Evaluation
- Factory Audit
- Type of Testing