About Product Certification Scheme
Products are eligible to join this scheme if they adhere to national standards such as:
- Malaysian Standard (MS)
- British Standard (BS)
- Regional standards such as European Norm (EN)
- International Standards (ISO) or a well-known association specification/standard which is publicly available such as JKR Specification, AWWA, ASTM.
Based on system No. 5, the Certification Mark granted under this scheme proves that your product has undergone assessment and supervision. For specific products regulated by the Malaysian authorities, finished products require additional SIRIM Label with unique serial numbers.
Benefits of Product Certification Scheme
- Provide assurances of safety and reliability to users of your products.
- Provide independent assurance that your products manufactured are under an effective system of testing, supervision and control. Thus, there is improved production efficiency and reduced wastage and rejects.
- Demonstrate product compliance with national or international standards.
- Enhance your reputation and extend your market by using the Product Certification Mark on your certified products as a marketing tool.
- Have your locally manufactured products automatically listed in the “Senarai Bahan/Barang Buatan Tempatan” (Treasury Listing) at no additional cost.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- We have accreditation by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA)for the Product Certification Scheme conforming with Guide 17065.
- We are appointed by Malaysian regulatory agencies to provide independent assurance of products under their purview. The agencies include the Energy Commission, Fire and Rescue Department Malaysia and Road Transport Department.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
How to apply for Product Certification Scheme?
- Submission of Questionnaire
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Application
- Document Evaluation
- Factory Audit
- Sample Selection & Testing
- Recommendation & Approval
List of Forms for Product Certification Scheme
- Information on Product Certification
- Product Certification Questionnaire
- Product Certification Application Form
- Declaration by Manufacturer
- Declaration of Approval for Trade Mark or Brand Name
- Declaration of Approval from Relevant Authority
- Declaration of Obtaining SIRIM Licence for Purpose of Relevant Authority Approval
- Authorisation letter of Trade Mark
- Product Certification Agreement
- Application for Issuance of SIRIM Labels
- Application for Change of License Particular
- Application for Transfer of Ownership