ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS
The pace of change in the electrical and electronics (E&E) sector is astonishing. Few other industries have witnessed such dramatic technological advances in so short a period of time. Manufacturers not only have to keep pace with these technological changes, but also with the ensuing impact that these changes have on regulations and standards.
The E&E sector is also under increasing pressure to become greener and more sustainable. Environmental and energy efficiency standards are currently only voluntary for most E&E products, but as technology improves and consumers become more demanding, regulators may be asked to make these standards mandatory sooner rather than later.
The E&E sector remains Malaysia’s most dominant export category. SIRIM QAS International has been a partner to Malaysia’s E&E industry for over 30 years, helping some of the world’s biggest E&E brands meets international regulatory and safety standards. Our test certificates and Management System Certifications are recognized around the world, giving you peace of mind no matter where your export markets are.
Your business can also leverage our capabilities to stay ahead of regulatory changes by getting certified to new voluntary standards before they become mandatory. Getting certified to voluntary standards also allows you to position your products as premium goods, thus giving your business greater profit margins.
E&E manufacturers will benefit from the following services from SIRIM QAS International, designed specifically for the E&E sector:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management System for the Automotive Sector
- MS 1900 Quality Management System from Islamic Perspectives
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices-Quality Management System
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System
- ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational, Health & Safety Management System
- MS 1722 Occupational, Safety & Health Management System
- The National Mark of Malaysian Brand
- Mechanical & Automotive Testing
- Electrical & Electronic Products Testing
- Radio Frequency (RF) & Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing (EMC)
- Energy Efficiency Testing
- ISTA – International Safe Transit Association
- Reliability Testing