About Engineering Inspection
Inspection and verification of steam boilers, unfired pressure vessels and pipelines are mandatory for operators of facilities in oil, gas and power/energy sectors. Our multi-disciplined team of qualified inspection engineers provide inspection services and independent inspection, verification and endorsement.
Mandatory Inspection Services
- Review and verify design drawings and stress calculation of steam boilers, unfired pressure vessels and pipelines;
- Witnessing, inspecting, verification and approval of new, used or in-service local or imported steam boilers, unfired pressure vessels and pipes;
- Witnessing, verification and approval of Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Welder Performance Qualification Test (WPQT);
- Electrode approval performed by competent firms for steam boilers, unfired pressure vessels, gas pipelines and hoisting machines;
- Lifting Devices Inspection (i.e. Used Crane, Mobile Crane); and
- Safe Housing System (Habitat).
Independent Third-Party Inspection, Verification and Endorsement Services
- Inspection before, during and after construction;
- Compliance inspection on imported and in-service industrial equipment and machinery;
- Condition monitoring and plant assessment;
- Non-destructive evaluation (Witness and Verification of Test Report); and
- Endorsement of failure investigation and analysis reports.
Benefits of Engineering Inspection?
- Respond to defects detected at an early stage to save costs.
- Improve safety and quality through our comprehensive and credible inspections.
- Take advantage of business opportunities through compliance with various codes, standards, specifications and design requirements.
- Minimise the inspection time required for facilities that have been shut down or are under construction, saving your costs.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- We are the recognised Inspecting Authority by the Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia (DOSH) for Steam Boilers and Unfired Pressure Vessels.
- We offer the most competent and cost-effective third-party engineering inspection services.
- We have a large pool of technically qualified and experienced professionals to serve your needs.