Compliance with the latest industry regulations ensures that your organisation stays at the forefront of fire safety standards and best practices.
About Fire Protection Testing Services
Businesses manufacturing passive or active fire protection products require testing against national and international standards. Our Fire Protection division has comprehensive equipment and facilities for both active and passive fire protection testing services.
Benefits of Fire Protection Testing Services
- Our Fire Protection Section is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the National Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAMM).
- We are an approved testing laboratory for Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL).
- The regulatory authority, Fire and Rescue Department of Malaysia accepts our test reports.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- Accredited and recognised as the International Test House from the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the National Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAMM) of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Our test report carries both SAMM and ILAC MRA logo.
- We are the acknowledged regional leader in testing for construction and building material products.
- SIRIM QAS International has a reputation for high volume, quick turnaround testing with fully integrated and state-of-the-art facilities. Competent and experienced personnel to serve your needs through high-quality services.
How to apply for Fire Protection Testing Services?
- Enquiries by customer
- Issuance of quotation
- Submission of application and test items
- Product testing
- Issuance of test report
Fire Resistance Tests for Non-Loadbearing & Loadbearing Horizontal Elements of Construction
- Flooring System
- Roofing System
- Suspended Ceiling System
- Roller Shutter Assemblies (Horizontal)
- Ventilation Duct System
Fire Resistance Tests for Non-Load Bearing & Load Bearing Vertical Elements of Construction
- Drywall Partition/Panel System
- Timber Doorsets
- Composite Doorsets
- Steel Doorsets
- Glazed Doorsets
- Roller Shutter Assemblies (Vertical and Sliding)
- Lift Landing Door
- Penetration Seals
- Precast Concrete Wall Panel
- Brick/Block Wall
- Glazing Wall
- Ventilation Duct System
Cyclic Movement Endurance Test for Side-Hung
- Fire Resistance Doorset
Reaction to Fire Tests
- Non-Combustibility Test
- Surface Spread of Flame Test
- Fire Propagation Test
Indicative Fire Resistance Tests on Products/Systems
- Horizontal Building Elements
- Vertical Building Elements
Active Fire Protection System for Performance Test
- Portable Fire Extinguishers (Water, Foam, Dry Powder and CO₂)
- Fire Reel Hoses
- Fire Hose Reels
- Landing Valves
- CO₂ Valves
- Breeching Inlet