Gulf Conformity Marking
Gulf Conformity Marking
About Gulf Conformity Marking
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is a regional intergovernmental union consisting of seven Arab countries – the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, Kuwait and Republic of Yemen.
GSO has technical regulations supporting its GCC conformity programs. The regulations are to ensure the safety and electromagnetic compatibility of low voltage electrical products entering GSO member states. This includes the creation of Gulf Conformity Marking and Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (BD-142004-01).
SIRIM QAS International has accreditation by the GCC Accreditation Centre (GAC) under ISO/IEC 17065 standard. We are a recognised GCC Notified Body for the Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances. We have the authorisation to issue the Gulf Type Examination Certificate to manufacturers or importers intending to market equipment in GCC member states.
Electrical equipment and appliances that fall under List (2) of BD-142004-01 include:
- Electrical fans
- Clothes dryers/washing machines
- Food grinders/mixers/juice extractor
- Hairdressing apparatus/hand dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave ovens
- Cookers/cooking plates/boiling rings/grillers/roasters
- Instantaneous/storage water heaters
- Electric irons
- Plugs/socket outlets/adaptors/cord extension sets/chargers
- Air conditioners
Benefits of Gulf Conformity Marking
- Overcome technical barriers to trade.
- Access to GCC common market.
- Reduce the risk of a non-compliant product entering the market.
- Offers excellent business opportunities.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- We are a recognised Notified Body to issue Gulf Type Examination Certificate
- We have accreditation by the Department of Standards Malaysia for product certification against ISO/IEC 17065.
- Our laboratories have accreditation with ISO/IEC 17025.
- We test safety and EMC to the required IEC standards.
- We pre-evaluate by identifying the gaps in the product and recommend the appropriate conformity assessment procedure.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent to help ensure compliance of products.
How to apply for Gulf Conformity Marking?
- Receipt and review of an application
- Issuance of Quotation
- Evaluation of technical documentation
- Examination and testing, if required
- Recommendation and approval
- Registration of G Mark in GSO Electronic Registration System
- Issuance of Gulf Type Examination Certificate