About Energy Efficiency
Companies with products or applications that are energy-efficient may take advantage of our services. We offer the Electrical Appliances Energy Efficiency and Labelling Programme promoted by the Energy Commission (ST).
SIRIM QAS International is a recognised testing facility for the programme, handled by our Electrical and Electronics Testing division.
Range of Services We Offer:
- Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
- Air Conditioners
- Domestic Electric Fans
- Temperature Humidity Chamber
- Balanced Ambient Room-Type Calorimeter
- Integrating Sphere
- Air Delivery Test System
- Data Acquisition
- IEC Dynamic Broadcast Radio Signal
- Digital Power Analyzer
Benefits of Energy Efficiency
- Provides independent verification of product compliance to Energy Efficiency standards and regulations.
- Provides independent assurance that conducted tests are following stated specifications and test methods.
- Promote clients’ trust and confidence in the quality, reliability and safety of the products.
- Minimises the risk of manufacturers or suppliers in producing or supplying products that fail to comply with Energy Efficiency standards.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- The Energy Commission (ST) has appointed SIRIM QAS International as a testing house for electrical products and appliances under the STAR Labelling program.
- Our laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the National Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAMM).
- Our laboratories are manned by competent and experienced personnel that produce reliable test results.
How to apply for Energy Efficiency?
- Enquiry by Customer
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Test Sample
- Product Testing
- Issuance of Test Report