About NGV Workshop Scheme
For the operation of a natural gas vehicle (NGV) workshop, businesses must obtain a certification under this scheme. SIRIM QAS International can assess your NGV workshop against MS 1096:2011 “Road Vehicles – The Use of Compressed Natural Gas Fuel for Vehicle Engines – Code of Practice (Second revision).”
Benefits of NGV Workshop Scheme
- Assure vehicle owners that NGV system conversion or installation is according to the Malaysian Standard.
- An effective marketing tool. This is primarily for large enterprises or fleet operators who use vehicles with NGV system.
- Promote safer practices to the NGV workshop operators and users of the NGV vehicles for the benefit of the society.
Why SIRIM QAS International?
- We have accreditation by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA)for the Product Certification Scheme against the ISO/IEC Guide 17065.
- Our highly experienced and professional personnel are competent in a wide range of sectors.
How to apply for NGV Workshop Scheme?
NGV Workshop Certification
- Evaluation of Document
- Workshop Audit and Sampling
- Recommendation and Approval
- Issuance of License
NGV Component Certification
- Evaluation of Type Test reports & verify samples
- Confirmatory testing/inspection
- Grant Type Approval