Certain clients may require inspections for your organization to comply with certification and contractual requirements. These may include inspections conforming to the requirements of foreign certification bodies, regulatory inspections, ad-hoc quality auditing and inspections as well as import and export inspections. SIRIM QAS International can assist your organization with all of these types of inspections.
- Ad-hoc quality/pre-shipment inspection
- Determination of conformity with specific requirements
- Issuance of Conformity/Quality Certificate
- Issuance of Conformity Certificate – Saudi Arabia
- Reduce inspection costs incurred by local manufacturers intending to export overseas.
- Take advantage of business opportunities by demonstrating compliance through ad-hoc quality/pre-shipment inspections.
- We provide assurance of independent inspection to regulatory requirements of statutory bodies as well as compliance to contractual requirements.
- We offer the most competent and cost-effective third party inspection services.
- We provide a localized one-stop service supported by a comprehensive laboratory and testing facilities.
- We have a large pool of technically qualified and experienced professionals to serve your needs.
In order to facilitate the exports from Malaysia to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in July 2006, the Ministry of International Trade and Industry has appointed SIRIM as the authorized entity for the issuance of the Certificate of Conformity.
Furthermore, SIRIM QAS International and SASO have reached another milestone when on 16 August 2007, both parties agreed to sign a Mutual Recognition of the Certificates of Conformity and Quality Marks. With this agreement, Malaysian products bearing SIRIM Quality Mark and tested in accordance to Saudi Arabian standards or accepted international standards are allowed to enter Kingdom of Saudi Arabia without technical barriers.
This program is open to any interested party of Malaysian origin who would like to export their Malaysian made goods/products to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Referring to the mutual recognition program signed between SASO and SIRIM QAS International and given the importance of exchange information and notifications for the new regulation about the exported/imported products, SASO announced that a new decision was issued on 23/04/2011 by the competent authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will be effective on 22/05/2012, including a number of important points concerning the import of electrical appliances, as follows:
- Stop import of electrical equipment, devices and accessories that operate on voltage (127) volts.
- After five years of the issuance of the above decision, the import of the electrical equipment and accessories, will be only those operates on (220) or (230) volts.
- Continue to allow the import and manufacturing of spare parts for electrical equipment and accessories that operate on (127) volts for a period of (15) years.