PERSONNEL COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT FOR WELDER CERTIFICATION SCHEME
Personnel competency assessment for Welder Certification Scheme to steel fabrication industries in accordance to ISO 9606-1 which can also be accredited against ISO 17024 Standards. Welder certification / qualification is based on specific test to determine a welder’s skill and ability to deposit sound weld metal. The test consist of many variables, including the specific welding process, type of metal, thickness, joint design, position and others.
- To demonstrate that they have the skill to be able to make production welds that are free from defects when welding in accordance with a Qualified/Approved Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
- To give maximum confidence that the welder meets the quality requirements of the Qualified/Approved WPS
- The test weld should be carried out on the same material and same conditions as for the production welds
- SIRIM QAS International has been providing Welder Qualification Test (WQT) as Inspecting Authority by Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- SIRIM QAS International is also Malaysian Incorporated company authorised gazetted Inspecting authority under the Fourth Schedule of the Factories and Machinery Regulations 1970.
- SIRIM QAS International also has been granted accreditations by Department Of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) under the Malaysia Inspection Bodies Accreditation Scheme (MIBAS_ which meet the requirement of MS ISO/IEC 17020
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Application
- Verify/Review – Qualification of Welding Procedures/Welders
- Witness/Verify/Review – Finished Test weld
- Review and Verify the Testing Report of Finished Test Weld
- Evaluation Panel
- Released Dispatch and Certificate of Professional Industrial Welder Qualification