GULF CONFORMITY MARKING SCHEME (“G-MARK SCHEME”)
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is a regional intergovernmental union consisting of seven Arab countries – United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, Kuwait and Republic of Yemen.
In order to ensure the safety and electromagnetic compatibility of low voltage electrical products entering the GSO member states, the GSO has had in place technical regulations supporting its GCC Conformity programs. This includes the creation of Gulf Conformity Marking and Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (BD-142004-01).
SIRIM QAS International is officially accredited by GCC Accreditation Centre (GAC) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 standard and also, recognized as a GCC Notified Body for the Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances. We are authorized to issue Gulf Type Examination Certificate to manufacture or importers who wish to market equipment in GCC member states.
Electrical equipment and appliances fall under List (2) of BD-142004-01 include:
- Electrical Fans
- Clothes Dryers/Washing Machines
- Food Grinders/Mixers/Juice Extractor
- Hair Dressing Apparatus/Hand Dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave Ovens
- Cookers/Cooking Plates/Boiling Rings/Grillers/Roasters
- Instantaneous/Storage Water Heaters
- Electric Irons
- Plugs/Socket outlets/Adaptors/Cord extension sets/Chargers
- Air Conditioners
- Overcome technical barriers to trade
- Access to GCC common market
- Reduce the risk of a non-compliant product entering the market
- Offers excellent business opportunities.
- We are officially recognized as a Notified Body to issue Gulf Type Examination Certificate
- We are also accredited by Department of Standards Malaysia for product certification against ISO/IEC 17065, while our laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025
- Testing of Safety and EMC to the required IEC standards
- Pre-evaluation by identifying the gaps in the product and recommend the appropriate conformity assessment procedure
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent to help ensure compliance of products
- Receipt and review of application
- Issuance of Quotation
- Evaluation of technical documentation
- Examination and testing, if required
- Recommendation and approval
- Registration of G Mark in GSO Electronic Registration System
- Issuance of Gulf Type Examination Certificate