PRODUCT CERTIFICATION SCHEME
If your products are manufactured to a national standards such as Malaysian Standard (MS), British Standard (BS) or Regional standards such as European Norm (EN) or International Standards (ISO) or a well-known association specification/standards which are publicly available such as JKR Specification, AWWA, ASTM etc., the products are eligible to joint this scheme. Based on system no. 5, the Certification Mark granted under this scheme confidently tells your potential customer that your product has undergone thorough assessment and subjected to a program of supervision and control before they are ready to be used.
For some specific products which are regulated by the Malaysian Authority, such as electrical appliances, fire resistant doorsets, motorist safety belts and motorcyclist helmets, additional SIRIM Label with unique serial number are required to be affixed on the finish products.
- Provide assurances of safety and reliability to users of your products.
- Provide an independent assurance that your products are manufactured under an effective system of testing, supervision and control which should result in improved production efficiency and reduced wastage and rejects.
- Demonstrate product compliance with national or international standards, eliminating the need for further testing by purchasers or consumers.
- Give your products protection against misrepresentation and competition from substandard products.
- Enhance your reputation and extend your market by using the Product Certification Mark on your certified products as a marketing tool.
- Have your locally manufactured products automatically listed in the “Senarai Bahan/Barang Buatan Tempatan” (Treasury Listing) at no additional cost.
- We are accredited by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) for the Product Certification Scheme against the ISO/IEC Guide 17065 – General Requirements for Bodies Operating Product Certification Systems.
- We have been appointed by Malaysian regulatory agencies such as the Energy Commission, the Fire and Rescue Department Malaysia and the Road Transport Department to provide an independent assurance of products under their purview.
- Our highly experienced and professional auditors are competent in a wide range of sectors.
- Submission of Questionnaire
- Issuance of Quotation
- Submission of Application
- Document Evaluation
- Factory Audit
- Sample Selection & Testing
- Recommendation & Approval
- Product Certification Questionnaire
- Product Certification Application Form
- Declaration of Approval from Relevant Authority
- Declaration of Obtaining SIRIM License for the Purpose of Relevant Authority
- Declaration of Approval for Trademark Registration or Brand Name
- Authorization Letter of Trademark / Brand Name)
- Declaration by Manufacturer